Please contact us to join our talent pool for project-based work! We want to hear from BIM Managers, BIM Coordinators, Project Managers, and MEP professionals.
We hire for tomorrow! Are you seeking an opportunity to work for an innovative company with their eyes on the future? A leader in its field? A company who strives to build long-standing relationships with its employees and clients? Then look no further than Building Data Labs LLC and come grow with us.
Technical Consultants work with many different leading-edge firms to help them implement and adopt new technologies across a variety of exciting projects. In this role, they specify and implement technology-based solutions to help clients address issues and achieve business goals. An Associate Technical Consultant functions as a trusted advisor to organizations by helping them incorporate practices into their workflows through leveraging strong industry knowledge, in-depth technology product knowledge and business acumen. They also assist the client in implementing these solutions on actual building design projects.
This position will move from one client to another based on the clients’ needs. This is an hourly 1099 position, $25-65 per hour based on role and experience, with the possibility of later becoming a W-2 position. International STEM Students on OPT or with EAD are welcome to apply.
What does an Associate Technical Consultant do?
• Support Technical consultant, assesses current client business processes, recommends and implements solutions to meet client needs. Works closely with clients to document business goals and related procedures.
• Produces project deliverables on-time and on-budget.
• Support Technical consultant, execute solution implementation, including any task that might be necessary to complete project deliverables. Examples include: training or mentoring, software configuration, content creation, development of simulation models/studies, preparation of documentation etc.
• Writes deliverable documents including procedures guides, flow charts, best practices guides, agendas, and follow up memos.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meets with clients either in-person or via virtual conferencing software to gain an understanding of current design projects and present workflows, determine areas of improvement, and extract deliverable requirements for projects that involve significant product customization, client-specific implementation activity, and/or out-of- the-box functionality.
• Support Technical consultant, execute solution implementation.
• Works to perform tasks necessary to produce project deliverables – independently or collaboratively. Typically requires the creation of work product (such as 3D models, templates, sample drawings, etc.) using engineering software, development and delivery of custom training or mentoring services, and/or creation of project documentation such as best practice guides.
• Three (3) years, minimum, of working experience in the AEC industry.
• Bachelors or Associates degree in an AEC-specific program or relevant experience.
• Experience and expertise in implementing BIM or 3D design solutions.
• Experience in BIM management and execution.
• Process and workflow analysis skills and direct experience.
• Ability to travel throughout NYC
• Experience in construction coordination and clash detection a plus.
• Experience in construction management and value engineering and utilizing technology on the construction site would be a plus.
Software knowledge and capabilities:
• Highly proficient in Revit
• Working knowledge of: Navisworks Manage, Autodesk BIM 360 cloud solutions, including Field, Glue and Docs
• Desire to implement new technology with a variety of top AEC firms to improve design and construction processes.
• Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization, planning and project management skills.
• Works independently and can manage multiple priorities.
• Initiative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
• Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
• Understanding of and experience in all aspects of design and construction industry practices.
• Ability to tee-up conversations, ask thought provoking questions, see and probe problems.
• Can manage multiple priorities, multitask, meets deadlines, and prioritize requests.
How to apply: Send an email with your resume, cover letter, a sample of BIM work, and optional portfolio to email@example.com.